Pentair AES Sparus Variable Speed Pump. This pump requires 220v dedicated power
Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems Sparus™ Pump with Constant Flow Technology™
3 HP, 3.2 kW, 1-phase, 230V, 16 Full Load Amps, 1.32 SF, 3.95 SFHP, 50hz/60hz
- The first aquaculture duty pump to offer speed or flow control
- Pump can be programmed to run at a speed or constant flow rate over set time intervals for maximum operating efficiency and energy conservation for a variety of applications
Under typical operating conditions, Sparus Pump with Constant Flow Technology offers the highest water flow rate of any high performance pump—with the lowest electricity consumption. Thanks to its integrated on-board variable frequency drive, this pump automatically calculates and self-adjusts to provide the exact operational speed needed to deliver the exact flow rate you establish. As system conditions change, it self-adjusts to achieve a constant user-specified flow rate. The result of this breakthrough technology is that you achieve the absolute minimum energy usage required to deliver any given flow rate! This high level of efficiency can save you thousands of dollars per year in pump operating costs.
No more closing valves to decrease flow rate or making manual adjustments. Simply select the flow rate you require and the Sparus Pump with Constant Flow Technology delivers. As system conditions change, the flow rate remains constant. Need a higher or lower flow rate? Simply adjust the desired flow rate by using the simple keypad. No matter what flow rate you select, you’ll rest assured that your desired flow rate remains constant.
The law of physics known as the Affinity Law states that there is a cubic relationship between the speed of an electric motor and its power consumption. By decreasing the speed of a motor by only 10%, you’ll reap up to 33% in electrical energy savings while still achieving the exact flow rate that your application requires. With conventional pumps, the motor is often operating at a speed that is needlessly high for the application. Users of conventional single-speed pumps often find that their only option to decrease their flow rate is to partially close a valve to “throttle” the flow rate. Sparus pump with Constant Flow Technology takes that paradigm and turns it on its head! The intelligence built into every Sparus pump with Constant Flow Technology means that you establish the desired flow rate and leave the decision-making to the pump.
- Operates from 450 to 3450 RPM with four preset speeds of 750, 1500, 2350, and 3110 RPM or it can be set to control its own speed and maintain a constant flow rate
- Adapts to any application from 20 to 140 GPM
- 2” NPT inlet/outlet ports and anti-blocking strainer basket ensure maximum flow and efficiency
- Easy installation and trouble-free servicing
- IP55-rated enclosure for wet locations and harsh conditions
- High efficiency Ferrite Permanent Magnet, 3-Phase, 10 Pole, Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled Motor
- Operates at low temperature and low noise
- Active power factor correction
- UL60730 compliant
- Rotatable keypad for simple programming of desired flow rates
- Easy field wiring comartment
- Sensorless flow and pressure control technology
- Loss of prime detection allows pump to recognize unanticipated low-flow or no-flow situations while running a program
- Keypad and screen updates for more intuitive programming with easy to use menus
- Replacement drive parts for the new Sparus with CFT are compatible with the old Sparus with CFT pump
Sparus Pump with Constant Flow Technology(CFT) will always operate at the slowest speed required to achieve the user-established flow rate; the savings it provides is yours to keep! This pump delivers proven reliability thanks to its saltwater-rated stainless steel internal fasteners and highly robust mechanical seal. Sparus Pump with Constant Flow Technology is a self-priming pump, and it’s also suitable for flooded-suction applications.
Approximate product dimensions: 23.5” L x 11” W x 13” H. 53 lbs.
One-year warranty. UL778 listed.