Note: Oversizing the filter for the pond will reduce how often you will need to backwash the filter.
-Over 80 GPM may force small particles through the
filter and slightly reduce the clarity of your water. With
very high flow systems, consider bypassing the filter
with excessive water flow.
– 40 GPM = 3.1 ft of head
– 50 GPM = 5.5 ft of head
– 60 GPM = 8.3 ft of head
– 70 GPM = 10.4 ft of head
– 80 GPM = 13.4 ft of head
Head Pressure Note:
If the pond requires over 70 gallons per minute, consider installing two smaller filters. Dividing the flow between the two filters will greatly reduce the head pressure of the whole system. (see 15,000 gallon Plug and Play System)
– 8.2 amps @110 Volts
– Use only when pump(s) is off during backwash cycle.
– Isoplast Top Closure Lid
– Rigid Plastic Base
– Metal Blower
– PVC Multiport Control Valve with 2 inch in/out openings.
Media: Round Poly Beads
– ABF 10 = 3 boxes (3.50 cubic feet)
– ABF 15 = 4 boxes (5.00 cubic feet)
(ABF 5 & 10 come with one box of beads pre-installed in the tank.)
– Filter should be filled to the bottom of the upper bulkhead when tank is empty of water. Over filling the tank with media will greatly reduce the filters performance.
– 2 Year Warranty on Blower and Multiport Head
– 3 Year Warranty on Tank and Internals
– Easiest pond filter to maintain available.
– Only filter available with a “Satisfaction Guarantee.”
– Both an excellent biological and mechanical filter.
– Never need to change filter media.
– Clear top closure lid allows you to see inside filter during backwashing.
– Wide selection of high efficient pumps available at www.SacramentoKoi.com
– Backwashing recommended once a week during summer and once every other week during the winter. Frequency may vary depending on fish load.
– Backwashing operation takes only 5 minutes.
– ABF 10 = 4 boxes weighing 195 lbs total.
– ABF 15 = 6 boxes weighing 285 lbs total.